The Hub Cyclery has been recycling bikes in the Greater Philadelphia Area since 2014, and we are now located in Pennsville, New Jersey, directly over the Delaware Memorial Bridge from Wilmington, DE and about 45 minutes from Philadelphia. Our main focus is getting more people on bikes, and we are always looking for bike donations and trade-ins. You can either bring your bikes to our shop or we can pick up at your house, but priority always goes to donor bikes. All bicycles in all conditions will be considered, but we primarily do not want children’s bikes, BMX bikes, or department store bikes (low-end Schwinn, Huffy, Free Spirit, Next, Pacific, etc.). Though, sometimes we may be able to use those bikes for parts, so still feel free to send them our way for consideration.
In addition, we can trade photography services for certain bikes.
To schedule a free pickup:
Email email@example.com and tell us about what you would like to unload, as well as your general location and whether you want to donate or sell.
Disclaimer to Buyers:
- All bicycles and parts we sell are described to the best of our ability and sold in strictly as-is condition with no warranties or guarantees, but we sincerely want you to enjoy your bike/part and will do everything we can to make that possible. We strongly encourage you to ask any and all questions that you might have about bikes in particular or cycling in general, especially BEFORE buying a bike. We want you to be happy AND safe on your bike!
- Immediately after a bike goes from our hands to yours, it is up to you to ensure your bicycle is safe to ride before each ride. Here are some important things you can check to make sure your bike is safe to ride:
- brake pads, braking surface, and brake cables
- tire pressure and condition
- tightness of bolts—in particular: seat-post clamp, stem, and handlebars
- quick release levers for wheels (or the bolts for non-quick release wheels)
In general, USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT, and, if you are unsure about something, ASK US or search on the internet. We are happy to help!