Say hello to your next touring/commuter project.
This is a top-quality build from head-to-toe, starting with a made in Japan, double-butted and lugged chromoly touring frame-set and a custom, hand-built set of VO touring wheels with 105/DURA-ACE hubs. The 150lb capacity Axiom Journey rear rack, German-made SKS fenders, and like new 35mm Kenda Kwest wide tires are pre-installed and included free of charge.
Complete Bike Specs
- 62cm seat-tube c-t
- Double-butted, lugged Tange cr-mo frame with rack/fender mounts and three bottle cage mounts – Made in Japan – cantilever brakes
- Double-butted, Tange cr-mo unicrown fork with lowrider rack and fender mounts – Made in Japan – cantilever brakes
- SKS Commuter II Fenders
- Axiom Journey Rack Tubular Alloy rear rack – 150lb weight capacity!
- HANDBUILT/CUSTOM VO Diaganole rear rim laced to Shimano 105 hub, stainless spokes, 36h, matching 105 quick-release skewer, 700c
- “These rims are named after Les Diagonales de France, a series of cycle touring routes across France. You can guess that these are very strong rims suitable for loaded touring as well as commuting and cyclo-touring. These rims will work with tires 32mm to 45mm wide.
- Diagonales are triple box section rims; they are made from aluminum alloy that is highly polished. The eyelets are stainless steel. Width is 25mm; weight is 570g; ERD is 609mm. Price is per rim. These are offered in 36 hole ONLY.”
- HANDBUILT/CUSTOM VO Raid front rim laced to Shimano DURA-ACE hub, stainless spokes, matching DURA-ACE quick-release skewer, 700c, BUTTERY SMOOTH
- “The RAID rim is a 22mm wide 700c rim. It’s a box section rim with double eyelets. Double eyelets are rarely seen these days, but they add a lot of strength to a rim.
- We feel that the 22mm width is the sweet spot for rando and touring rims. They are perfect for 25mm-38mm tires. The sidewalls (or brake track) are a little taller than old rims, for much easier pad setup without worry of tire interference.
- We paid a little more for stainless eyelets and a lot more for a high polish finish. We kept the graphics down to an absolute minimum; there is a simple VO sticker for identity.”
- Threaded headset – overhauled with 0 miles on it.
- Chromoly seat binder bolt and one bottle cage included.
- 700x35c Kenda Kwest tires with less than 30 miles on them and the tubes.
Add the pictured like new Shimano XT Hollowtech II bottom bracket for $20. Everything else pictured is included. I also have a new and complete XT/XTR 10-speed kit for sale that would be perfect for this bike. You can see this bike built up over here.