This is the bike that made me fall in love with cycling. It’s my first road bike– bought in 2011, crashed in 2012, finally rebuilt in 2016. It’s a nice entry-level road bike from the eighties which I am converting into an everyday type of ride. I won’t sell this bike.
- Go back to a steel fork. I already have a double-butted cr-mo chromed fork on hand that should work well.
- Replace brake pads.
- Replace those awful placeholder pedals.
- Add fenders.
- Switch to black bar wrap.
- Possibly go back to a normal front tire (the red one was the same tire that I used back in 2011 before I crashed this bike).
- Slowly upgrade drivetrain with more exotic bits.