This is a completely custom touring build– nothing is stock. The drivetrain was bought used, but has very little wear. The fenders, rack, cables, tires, tubes, cantilever brakes, brake hoods, and bar wrap were bought new and have under 100 miles of use. This is a much better bike than the stock Randonee (or the similarly built Trek 520/Surly LHT), particularly when you compare the wheels (a heavy duty, very easy on the eyes Velo Orange wheelset with 105/Dura Ace hubs).
Fully tuned and ready to ride.
- 1993 Novara Randonee Tange Double-Butted Cr-Mo Lugged frame-set, Made in Japan
- Deore LX Triple Hollowtech II Crankset
- Deore XT Hollowtech II Bottom Bracket
- Deore LX Front Derailleur
- SRAM X7 Rear Derailleur
- SRAM TT500 Bar-End Shifters
- SRAM 10-Speed Chain
- SRAM Cassette 10-Speed 11-32
- A color matched WTB saddle is included — Can swap it for a Brooks Champion Flyer (black leather w/ springs) for $100 extra.
- New Tektro CR720 Cantilever Brakes (Front and Rear)
- New shift and brake cables
- Vintage Shimano 105 SLR brake levers
- New Brake Hoods
- Performance SPD/Platform Pedals
- Vintage ATAX Stem and Bars
- Velo Orange Diagonale/Raid Rims Laced to 105/Dura-Ace Hubs with Kenda Kwest 700cx35mm Tires (with <100 miles)
- New SKS Germany Commuter II Fenders
- New Axiom Journey Rack (~120lb capacity!)